How to sign up for Immerse on Meta Quest VR headsets
New to Immerse?
If you have questions about what Immerse has to offer, please read our Tour of Immerse & Learning Opportunities.
You can complete the account creation process one of two ways:
- with your Meta Quest VR headset (through the Immerse App)
- with your desktop computer (through the WebApp).
This article provides instructions on signing up for Immerse through a Meta Quest VR headset. For instructions on signing up with via your desktop computer, please see How to sign up for Immerse on Desktop.
Keep in mind!
- Creating an account in VR does not restrict you to VR access only. You will still be able to join a class via desktop using the same login information.
Creating an Account on Meta Quest headsets
To create an account so you can take classes in VR, login to your Meta Quest 2 Headset and:
- Go to the Store button on your Quest 2 device menu.
- Download the Immerse - Learn To Speak A New Language app.
- Enter the email address that you would like to register for account signup.
- Add your name, create a password, verify that you are at least 18 years of age, agree to the terms of service, and click the Create Account button.
- Select the default language that you would like to study. You can always change this later in your Account Settings on the WebApp.
- Select your current target language fluency level. (Not sure what level you are? Click here.)
- Select the server that is closest to your physical location, then choose the reason you are learning the language on the next page.
- Click the Finish button to create your account.
- A verification email will be sent to the email account that you registered. Verify your email and you are ready to go!
- Click here to learn how to schedule your first class right in VR or book on the WebApp.
Issues with setting up Immerse? Please contact support.
If you have further questions about your headset setup, visit the Meta Quest support website for your device, such as Meta Quest 2 Support.