Tour of Immerse & Learning Opportunities
Overview of Immerse
Immerse's Learning Model
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Group work
- Information gap
- Opinion sharing
- Task-Based Teaching
- There is a focus on pragmatic meaning.
- Learners choose the linguistic resources needed to complete the task.
- Emergent Language
- Emergent language is language that "comes up," often unpredictably, in interaction between the learners, and/or the teacher and the learners.
We currently offer four levels: Foundations, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Members have the freedom to take classes at any level. Click here to learn more about selecting the best language level for you.
The Learning Opportunities in Immerse
- Classes are reflected on the Web App schedule and in VR.
- Classes are led by Immerse Guides.
- Classes must be booked by each Members before a class starts.
- Classes have a max capacity of 8 Members.
- Members receive a 30-minute reminder e-mail before class asking them to cancel if they do not plan to attend.
- The schedule is available 2 weeks in advance.
Lessons are designed around specific learning objectives, geared to help you build fluency in a contextually relevant way. Click here to learn more about Classes.
- Events can be joined live with NO booking required!
- Events are Guide-led
- Events are more free form conversation
- Events are fun and take place in many different locations
We now have a dedicated space where our staff will be hosting events throughout the day across a multitude of locations.
We now have brand new Immerse AI powered scenes that contain avatars equipped to help you practice the most important conversations and situations in your target language at any time! You can join these publicly to practice with others or join solo to practice in private. Complete the associated tasks with each avatar to progress in your fluency journey!
Play - The Commons