Understanding the VR controls
Using the Immerse Application on your Meta Quest 2 Headset is fun and easy! For a quick start on learning how to use Immerse, we recommend taking our Tutorials!
These tutorials are designed to assist you in learning how to:
- Move around
- Interaction with and "use" objects
- Use your Backpack
- Understand Classes
- Navigate your Learning Journey
We highly recommend that you practice before entering your first class or engaging with our community in the Commons and Explore areas.
How to Access Your Tutorials
- Log into your Immerse HomeRoom
- Click > Tutorial tab
- Click on the tutorial you want to take
You will have the option at the end of each tutorial to continue on to the next one!
You can refer to the images below to review button controls for the Meta Quest 2 hardware controls.
- Power button
- Volume button
- Left joystick = Movement
- Right joystick = Rotate/Look around the scene
- Mute Mic
- Setting Menu
- Backpack Menu
- Class Notes/Objects Menu
- Return To The Immerse Login Menu Button
- Meta Button:
* Tap once to return to the Main Meta Quest 2 Menu
* Hold to Reset/Center the scene view
* Hold + Press the top Right Trigger to Take a Photo Snapshot
* Hold + Hold the top Right Tigger Button (2 sec) to Record A Video
- Bottom Trigger Buttons = Grab objects
- Top Trigger Buttons = Select objects or menu options (after pointing at them
Practice using many fun gestures in Immerse by moving the controllers in different patterns such as clapping, making a “thumbs up” sign, or raising other hands in the air.
To exit the Immerse Application in VR, open the (6) Settings Menu and select the "Leave" option in top right corner.
View our Desktop Controls documentation for PC and Mac movement controls.
Need additional help? Contact Our Team