How do I sign up for the Immerse Discord?
We have launched our Discord as a way for Members to practice language outside of VR while building community and friendships!
In this Discord you will be able to:
- Share your story and connect with other members of Immerse
- Receive important announcements
- Chat with Immerse Guides
- Respond to developers polls/feedback opportunities
- Coordinate meet-ups - times to enter The Commons/Courtyard with other members outside of class times
How to Join the Immerse Discord
*Reminder* - You must follow these steps in order to have full access to the chat channels of the Immerse Discord.
1. Join the Discord
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCORD
2. Read and Agree to the Rules
- Find the "Rules" section under the "Welcome" section.
- Read the Rules listed
- Accept the Rules by "reacting" to the bottom message with a thumbs up. ⭐This will indicate your acceptance of the rules to the server, and the entire server will be unlocked to you!!!⭐
3. Select Your Role
Now that you have access to the whole server, you need to be assigned a role so people know who you are.
- Go to the "Roles" section below the "Rules" section.
- Read all of the roles to know who is who.
- Select your target language (the language you want to learn) by clicking on the corresponding role flag.
- You are now all set up in the Immerse Discord!
4. Introduce Yourself!
Now that you are all set up in the Immerse Discord, it is time to introduce yourself to the Immerse Community there.
- Navigate to the "Introduce Yourself" chat thread. Write up a quick introduction and click enter.
- Head to the "General" channel (this is where you'll be the most often) to see what others have been discussing.
- Engage with other peoples threads in the different Language Commons (French opening soon) or go to the "Meet-Up" channel to see if anyone wants to jump in VR to practice!
(Recommended) Turn On Notifications
In order to be notified when friends message you, when meet-ups are being scheduled, or when Immerse posts important announcement, you will need to turn notifications on.
- Find the "Immerse" icon on the far left server list
- Right click on the icon
- Navigate to > Notifications Settings > All Messages