The Immerse Discord
We have launched our Discord as a way for Members to practice language outside of VR while building community and friendships!
In this Discord you will be able to:
- Share your story and connect with other members of Immerse
- Receive important announcements
- Chat with Immerse Guides
- Respond to developers polls/feedback opportunities
- Coordinate meet-ups - times to enter The Commons/Courtyard with other members outside of class times
How to Join the Immerse Discord
You must follow these steps in order to have full access to the chat channels of the Immerse Discord.
Click the Join Discord Link
Join from the WebApp
You can also join from the "Join Community" section of your WebApp page.
Read and Agree to the Rules
- Find the "Rules" section under the "Welcome" section.
- Read the Rules listed
- Accept the Rules by "reacting" to the bottom message with a thumbs up. ⭐This will indicate your acceptance of the rules to the server, and the entire server will be unlocked to you!!!⭐
Select Your Role
- Go to the "Roles" section below the "Rules" section.
- Read all of the roles to know who is who.
- Select your target language (the language you want to learn) by clicking on the corresponding role flag.
- You are now all set up in the Immerse Discord!
- Navigate to the "Introduce Yourself" chat thread. Write up a quick introduction and click enter.
- Head to the "General" channel (this is where you'll be the most often) to see what others have been discussing.
Engage with other peoples threads in the different Language Commons or go to the "Meet-Up" channel to see if anyone wants to jump in VR to practice!
(Recommended) Turn On Notifications
In order to be notified when friends message you, when meet-ups are being scheduled, or when Immerse posts important announcement, you will need to turn notifications on.
- Find the "Immerse" icon on the far left server list
- Right click on the icon
- Navigate to > Notifications Settings > All Messages