Why can't other people hear me?
There are several reasons why others in VR may not be able to hear you.
Headset Audio Troubleshooting
Troubleshoot the following options to find your solution:
- Your volume is too low
- Try turning up your headset audio using the volume rocker under the right-hand side of your Quest 2.
- Your headset is muted
- You may have accidentally muted your headset audio before getting into the Immerse App.
- While within the Immerse App, press the Oculus button on your right controller to open up your menu (#10 on the image below)
- Click on the time and battery pill-shaped box next to your Meta profile picture to unmute microphone.
- You are muted within the Immerse App
- You may have accidentally muted yourself in the Immerse App.
- Click the mic button on the inside of your LEFT WRIST to toggle mute.
- Alternatively, you can press the Y button on your left controller to quickly mute and unmute yourself or go into your Quick Menu Setting tab!
- You have not given "mic permissions" to the Immerse application.
- Upon launch of the application (the first time), you will be presented with a pop-up asking you to give the app permission to access your microphone. If you choose to deny access, you will receive reminder pop-ups asking you to do so, so that we can hear your lovely voice and you can actively participate in classes! :)
- To turn on "mic permissions" , find the Immerse application tile in the Oculus App Menu.
- Click the three dot icon>permissions.
- Toggle mic permissions "ON."
If you still need help after trying these things, please contact our Support Team for help.