Why can't other people hear me?
There are several reasons why others in VR may not be able to hear you.
Troubleshoot the following options to find your solution:
- Your volume is too low
- Try turning up your headset audio using the volume rocker under the right-hand side of your Quest 2.
- You are muted
- You may have accidentally muted yourself.
- Click the mic button on the inside of your LEFT WRIST to toggle mute.
- Alternatively, you can press the Y button on your left controller to quickly mute and unmute yourself.
- Or go into your Quick Menu Setting tab!
- You have not given "mic permissions" to the Immerse application.
- Upon launch of the application (the first time), you will be presented with a pop-up asking you to give the app permission to access your microphone. If you choose to deny access, you will receive reminder pop-ups asking you to do so, so that we can hear your lovely voice and you can actively participate in classes! :)
- To turn on "mic permissions" , find the Immerse application tile in the Oculus App Menu.
- Click the three dot icon>permissions.
- Toggle mic permissions "ON."
- You have muted your microphone on the headset itself.
- This could've been done on accident.
- To unmute, go to your quick settings on the bottom left of the menu bar.
If you still need help after trying these things, please contact our Support Team for help.