The Observation Deck (Immerse Scene)
The "Observation Deck" scene in the Immerse Platform is a unique scene allowing the instructor to take students to a large platform that hovers in the middle of a 360° Image. The purpose of this scene is limited because it does not allow the same interactions with the space that all other scenes offer. However, this scene allows the teacher to choose "place" that the students are in, because they can choose the images to project around the class.
The Observation Deck scene has a number of saved "location photos" to choose from, but you do have the option to upload your own 360° Images to be used in this scene!
How to Upload your Own 360° Images
(For use in the Observation Deck only)
1. Take the 360° Picture
- Use a 360 capable camera (such as the Ricoh Theta - below) to capture your desired location photo
- The photo needs to be:
- 2:1 Ratio
- Minimum resolution 4096X2048
- Check the Image
- Use the software associated with your 360 camera (Ricoh app) to view
- Or...drag and drop the image file into this viewer.
2. Send the Image to Immerse
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe your intent to upload a custom 360 Image and tell us how you want them labeled (Image Titles).
- Attach the image file
3. Immerse Team Tests + Uploads your 360° Image!
- Our team will test it to make sure that it loads in and looks good
- The image will be uploaded to your custom public organization cloud
- Everyone in your organization will then have access to it from the observation deck!
If you have any trouble with completing this process, please contact our team for help!