App Update: April 17, 2023
Take a look at some of the updates pushing on April 17 around 12:00 PM PST.
Biggest news is the inclusion of Meta Avatars and the new browser-based app that will allow Members to join classes via desktop!
🚀 What’s New
- Meta avatars!
- Meta avatars can now be used as the primary Immerse avatar. To select a Meta avatar, go to the avatar section of your homeroom in VR and select the “Meta” tab. From here you can also edit your Meta avatar directly in Immerse.
- NOTE: Meta avatars are only available for members using the Quest VR headset. Members joining from desktop will only have access to Immerse avatars.
- Triggering the clapping animation is now easier 👏.
- Some of the animations, like the thumbs up, have a new 3D animation when triggered.
🛠 Bug Fixes
- Role play phrases and discussion questions will now properly show in French explore scenes.
- Immerse now offers a browser version of the app. This means instructors no longer need to download the app to their computer and Learners can now take classes on desktop via the browser version. To launch the app from your browser, go to the WebApp and click on "Launch Immerse". The Immerse App will open in a separate tab using NVIDIA streaming service. Note: Google Chrome is required.
- Once you launch the browser app, you will be taken to the dashboard in your Homeroom where you can register for, cancel, and join classes as well as access areas in the Homeroom (Class Notes, Objects, Avatar) and out of the Homeroom (The Commons and Explore).
- You can also access the Desktop Tutorial from your Dashboard by clicking on the Tutorial button in the bottom right to practice moving and interacting with objects and learning tools on desktop.
- Members can now subscribe and manage their subscription on the “My Account” page on the subscriptions tab of the WebApp or directly on the subscription page.
- Members can also now subscribe to an Immerse subscription plan directly from the Immerse website by clicking the "sign up" button on the top of the Immerse Website.