How do I save and share my photos from Immerse in VR?
In order to access the photos you take during your time in Immerse, you will need to be sure you have correctly saved the photo taken.
As part of our Photo Saving feature, you are able to save the images you take with your camera by placing the image in the “Photo Save Zone.”
Saving a Photo:
- Take a photo with the camera
- While holding the photo, open the Backpack to the “Tools” side (zipper on the left).
- Place the photo in the square “Save Zone” on the bottom right.
- Your photo is saved to your headset media folder!
Note: You are NOT able to save a photo by dropping it into an inventory "pocket" on the Inventory side of the backpack.
Accessing Saved Photos
To access your photos from your Quest 2 Media Library you must:
- Press the "oculus button" on your right controller to see the oculus menu bar.
- Click the pink "Arrow/Sharing" icon on the bottom menu bar.
- This will open your most recent media, where you will be able to access your photos!
Sharing Saved Photos
You may wish to share the photos that you take in Immerse with others (ex: Social Media). Sharing your photos is easy, as long as you have two things in place first:
1 - Download the Meta Quest Mobile App
To have quick access and ease of sharing for your photos, you will need to download the Meta Quest Mobile App.
- Navigate to your smartphones app store and search "Meta Quest"
2 - Allowing Cloud Sync on Your Headset
You must allow your headset to sync the media you have stored to your mobile app.
- Open the App Library in your Quest 2 and find the "Files" Folder
- Open the Files Folder and click >Media>Click to Turn on Syncing
You are now all set up to be able to share your photos easily in the future!
How to Share a Photo
1. Take/Save Photo
While in Immerse, use the Camera to take a photo and save it in your backpack's "Photo Save Zone."
2. Access Photo on Mobile
When outside of VR, open your Meta Quest mobile app and navigate to your "gallery."